Pages

Sunday, September 3, 2017

A Mis-read Reading List


Guys, I made a boo-boo! I mis-read my reading list. I made a public plea to others enrolled on my degree to see if they had any ideas, as I didn't want to be left behind. A very kind young lady posted her reading list, she grouped it in three pharagraphs, with one book still to be decided and give to us on our orientation.

This was great, and very kind. Except after budgeting, planning, and spending the lesser portion of 200 pounds. I took another glance at the list, to notice two dates, too many authors. There were six books and one to be given to us at orientation, not three.

I should have really known better, my degree is known for being heavy on reading and writing skills. So what do you do now?

First of all, don't panic -

Do some googling and find all your books, Google has this fantastic feature where you can go to the tabs that say ''news, images etc'' there's one that says ''shopping''. Click on this and it'll offer you a varied selection of options for purchase. Then when you've found one you think would be a good price, click ''add to shortlist'' and it'll save it. Do this until you've got all the books you need and DON'T BUY ANY YET.

Put your books in price list order - lowest to highest.
The lower priced books are more likely to be, although still needed, accompanying texts to the larger priced books.

Work out how many weeks left till the semester starts, and work out how much you can afford to live without.
I recieve funds on the 1, and 15th of each month. I have another 2 payments to go before the semester starts, I will be more than fine.

If you are strapped for cash until some time after the semester starts, take a peek at the library and see if you can borrow the texts.

Search for online copies, kindle versions of most books are usually cheaper than their physical alternative.

But really, don't panic. It's fixable, most things in life are!
Hope you're having a great weekend!!

L xox

No comments:

Post a Comment