Pages

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Never Refuse Equipment!

Hey all, 
So recently social services finally got their butts in gear and came over for a visit. They assessed me, but said they couldn't offer me a stair lift, instead they could offer a bath lift. I asked if it was one of the ones that lifted you all the way out, and when she replied no, I said I didn't think it would help. 

She urged me to give it a go and reminded me that I could always send it back. So I relented and agreed. 
Two days ago a knock at my door prooved to be the installation man. 

So, now this ugly bath chair is in my bath, taking up valuable space because at 5'9 I don't fit all the way in anyhow! I sort of glared at it and shut the door, I hadn't intended to have a bath anyway. 

But today I had intended, infact I needed to feel the warm water soothe my muscles. So, I transfered onto the bath lift, got semi-comfortable and down we went. I did what I needed to do and came back out. 

The most spectacular thing happened...I wasn't exhausted. Like I didn't want to take a nap for a year, which is the usual state of play after a bath. I was amazed. The bath lift is easy to use, waterproofed all the way throughout the unit and charges really quickly. 
It has lots of very cool features, like you can't get stuck IN the bath, it will only run out of battery in the UP position. 

So, never refuse equipment unless it would endanger you to use it. Give it a fair go, a fair shot. See what happens, if it helps, fabulous! If it doesn't, at least you tried!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment