Pages

Thursday, August 31, 2017

School ID photos




Hey all!

Hope you're all doing great this fine, fancy, Friday morning! I'm up bright and early as I often am and I wanted to give you some tips for school ID photos.
If you're like me, I use make up and a smile to distract everyone from the constant pain of dislocations and other symptoms making me feel bleh. I want people to look at me and have no idea I'm sick unless I choose to tell them. This is my reason, plus I enjoy creating looks, but whatever your reason here are my top spoonie approved tips!


If you don't have to leave your bedroom:
- 1- Don't get dressed, in my photos I was wearing my pajamas and I have no shame in admitting the effort my make up took yesterday, meant there was none left for getting dressed too! But If fashion is more amour. Don't put so much effort into hair and make up. Focus on the aspect that matters most ton you!

- 2-if your anxiety causes it all to matter most I suggest getting dressed and ready in pieces and not all at once. Pace yourself! **if you don't know what pacing is, please find Jo Southall and let her legit change your life**

-3- Thicker make up in unnatural light never seems to look as caked on as it does outside, so as long as you don't have to GO outside like this, use a heavier contour hand and bold your eyeliner because it might now show up otherwise.

-4-  Don't stand in front of a plain background, sit in front of it. Remember  chances are it's from your collar bones up that they are going to use!

- 5- Blink before the flash: A photographer friend of mine told me this trick while we were on shoot together. It really cuts down the number of scrapped shots!

-6- I like to pull some silly faces and loosen myself up first before taking the serious shots!


If you have to leave the house for the photo:

-1- Got any cute leggings/tshirts combos? Wear something you're comfortable in, maybe dress is up with a statement necklace!

-2- if you don't want your photo to be in your wheelchair, take it with you to line up, and then get out for the photo. And ignore anyone who is ignorant and annoying!

-3- Or, get there early and explain to the photographer that you don't want your wheelchair in the shot and see what they can do!

-4- if it's a professional set up really really seriously blink before the flash.


So those are my tips, I have more but I'm having trouble finding them and I wanted to get this out to you guys with hopes that some might feel less daunted by it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment