Pages

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Shopping For Uni Supplies

Hello my pretties! L here, and I want to tell you all something I love! Shopping for stationary - and bedding, and clothes, oh make up too....okay maybe I just love shopping! But you know what the best kind of shopping is? Shopping for a purpose, and my darlings I feel no greater purpose than to aid in the persuite of furthering ones self! Of course that includes your education, so lets dive right on in with my aboslute must have check list!

**Note** Online shopping is an amazing asset to those of us who find shopping in person difficult, but be aware of your expenditure. I managed to almost click go on a $300 Amazon list, I'm so glad I didn't!

Stationary:

Pens (always write academically in black ink) 
Pencils, 
Rubber, 
Ruler, 
Pencil Sharpner, 
Note books (Two for each subject and I'll explain why further down) 
Project book/Ring binder (One for each subject) 
Highlighters, 
Colouring Pencils, 
A4 Paper, 
Coloured Card, 
Stapler, 
Hole punch. 
These are the bare necessities, if you will.  
Now, if you're anything like me, you're a colourful and visual kinda gal! So here's my personal not optional,  optional extras! 
Pastel highlighers, 
Fine liners, 
Mid liners, 
Gel pens, 
More washi tape. 
Okay, so....here's the explaintaions. 
When you get to University, the first week is known as Freshers week. But what it also is, is an introduction to your courses, and you'll get your syllubus. Do not just take it and put it on a pile! Read through it, highlighting the important things; key dates, tests, asessments, trips, etc. Once you've highlighted it, put it in the corrosponding course folder and close it. Do the same to all of your course syllubus and folders. 
Two note books per subject
Now the reason I say this is, that when I try to write neat, I write slow and when I just write  it's a hot mess, but the information gets onto the paper. That's great, until it comes to revising and I can't read a thing I wrote. Each night when you get home copy up your notes into your ''neat'' note book. If you're using an electronic form of note taking, do the same thing but type up your notes into neat, consolidated art works! 

Coloured Card

Right so, for each chapter or module of your course, you're going to change the coloured card in the binder. So, you get your first topic of the semester, hole punch it, write the name of the topic on it and pop it into the folder. The next one will be a different colour and this will save you so much time when it comes to trying to find a chapter when revising for a test. 
Also, you could grab some of those sticky page tabs? You know the ones I mean? Every time your teacher says ''this is important'' or ''this will be on the test'' highlight it and stick a little page marker onto it. That way you'll know it's super important. 

As for home and bedroom, things very quickly mount up and I strongly suggest saving as much money as you can. Take the old mis-matched plates from home. Go to the charity shop and see what you can get! There's no shame in being savings conscious! 

My most economic friendly shops are Wilkinsons, Supermarkets, Matalans, and Primark! 

Have fun, shop well!

No comments:

Post a Comment